What data we collect
We collect and process the following information:
- Name, phone number(s), address, email address, and relevant payment details where applicable
- Company name and business type, if applicable
- Your IP address, what type of device you used to access our website, and which browser you used
Most of the personal information we process is provided to us directly by you in one or more of the following cases:
- When you register an account on our website
- When you make an order on our website
- When you rate a product on our website
- When you subscribe to our newsletter
- When you contact our customer service
Where you provide your consent, we use Google Analytics, Matomo Analytics, and Smartlook to collect the following information:
- The pages you visit on our website
- How long you spend on each page
- How you got to the site
- What you click on while visiting the site
We make sure that information collected by Google Analytics, Matomo Analytics, and Smartlook cannot be used to identify you, as your IP address is anonymized. We do not combine analytics data with other data sets in a way that would directly identify you.
Data gathered and processed by third-party services
You have the option to use the payment providers Stripe (https://stripe.com/gb) or PayPal (https://www.paypal.com/uk/home) to process your payments. If you do so, the payment providers store your payment information, which we do not have access to. For further information please visit their respective privacy pages. You have the option to contact our customer service through WhatsApp (https://www.whatsapp.com/) and our live chat Smartsupp (https://www.smartsupp.com/). If you do, these services collect and process your personal information in accordance with their legal bases. For further information please visit their respective privacy pages.
Why we need your data
We use the information received to do the following:
- Processing orders
- Processing payments
- Promotional efforts and marketing
- Developing and improving our services
- Providing customer support
The legal basis for processing personal data is our legitimate interests in conducting and managing our business to give our customers the best service and products we can. If you have an objection to our data processing by legitimate interests, please see the “your rights” section at the end of this policy. The legal basis for processing data collected with Google Analytics, Matomo Analytics, and Smartlook is your consent.
How we store your personal information
Your information is securely stored. Only authorized employees from our organization can access, alter, disclose, and destroy personal data, when required. In addition, these employees only act within the scope of their authority and are trained to prevent any errors or omissions. We also carry out ongoing security monitoring exercises to ensure that our systems are updated and adopt appropriate industry data collection, storage, and processing practices. Physical security measures are in place to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure of personal information, username, password, transaction information and data stored in your user account. Access to your name and address is restricted to our employees who need to know such information in connection with delivering our services to you and are bound by legal confidential obligations.
All personal data is stored in the European Economic Area (EEA). Data collected by Google Analytics may be transferred outside the EEA for processing. We only retain your personal data for as long as we require for the purposes set out in this document, or for as long as the law requires us to. We will safely erase your data if is no longer necessary for the purpose it was collected for or if there are other legal ground for erasure. Where subject to a retention period, we will store the data for this period, which can be up to 10 years.
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
- Your right of access - You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
- Your right to rectification - You have the right to ask us to rectify personal information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
- Your right to erasure - You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to restriction of processing - You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to object to processing - You have the right to object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to data portability - You have the right to ask that we transfer the personal information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month (thirty days) to respond to you.
How to complain
If you have any concerns about our use of your personal information, you can make a complaint to our data protection officer. You can reach them at email@example.com. You can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your data.
The ICO’s address:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113
ICO website: https://www.ico.org.uk
Last updated: June 2023