- Order number: SW71
- Fork with specially shaped silhouette for simple grabbing
- The special fork is ergonomically shaped and enables independent eating even with limited finger and hand mobility or tremor
- The non-slip, attachable handles give a pleasant grip sensation
- One-handed supportive aid in Universal Design: visually appealing, not recognisable as an eating aid, not stigmatising
- High-quality stainless steel: rust-free, dishwasher safe, sturdy, hygienic, acid-resistant and durable, ORNAMIN quality made in Germany
- Part of Cutlery Set
|EAN / GTIN:||4041736106273|
|Order No.:||11923, 11911|
non slip function
red dot award: product design 2013 honorouble mention, universal design award 2013
A fork for everyone.
The ORNAMIN cutlery is the perfect addition to the ORNAMIN functional tableware. The cutlery is intuitively usable and does not require explanation. Since there are no predetermined holding positions, the user can choose how to hold it the best way. Of course, it is suitable for left- and right-handers, as well as people living with diseases like Parkinson’s, Alzheimer’s or stroke.
Non-slip and ergonomic.
The Fork is designed in a visually appealing and non-stigmatising way, so it can be used by as many people as possible. In addition, it features different functions that guarantee secure hold and independent eating in case of limited hand and finger mobility: The S-shaped silhouette in combination with ergonomically shaped, slip-on grip pads offers discreet support when lifting, holding and guiding the cutlery. The haptics of the soft non-slip material TPW ensures secure hold – even for shaky hands.
The round surface of the handle allows it to sit comfortably in hands off all sizes and the grip pad offers secure hold, so a comfortable and secure feeling is created when holding it. The weight of the cutlery helps to compensate the symptoms of a resting tremor. That makes it perfect for use in hospitals, nursing homes and care institutions.
The Fork is part of the ORNAMIN Cutlery Set which includes:
- Knife (model 981)
- Fork (model 982)
- Spoon (model 983)
Every element is available with or without grip pads.
In the sense of Universal Design the features hidden in the cutlery set support the confidence of the user, as the assisting features are not visible from the outside. The high-quality cutlery was already awarded with two internationally renowned design awards.